With the OXO Good Grips Digital Instant Read Thermometer, cooking meats to perfection is as easy as pressing a button. Simply turn the Thermometer on and insert the probe into cooked meat. The probe has a thin tip to quickly read temperatures and the display has large numbers for easy readability. Recommended internal temperatures for meat are provided on the storage sleeve, which also has a window that highlights selected temperatures for easy readability. Use the button on the back of the Thermometer to switch from Fahrenheit to Celsius. The Thermometer has a temperature range from -40 degrees to 302 degrees F (-40 degrees to 150 degrees C) and a battery is included.
- Large, easy-to-read numbers
- Probe has thin tip for quick temperature readings
- Storage sleeve includes readings for recommended USDA internal temperatures*
- Sleeve window highlights recommended temperatures for easy readability
- Button for Fahrenheit-Celsius conversions
- Temperature range from -40° to 302° F (-40° to 150° C)
- Calibrated for accuracy
- LR44 Battery included
- Hand wash only
*Find out more about recommended internal temperatures on the "Specifications" tab above
- Dimensions: 7.25'' x 1.75'' x 1.7''
- Weight: 1 oz.
Internal Temperatures on sleeve are based on USDA recommendations. Many chefs and cookbooks recommend cooking meat to lower temperatures for optimal taste. These differences are illustrated in the below recommendations.
USDA Recommended Internal Temperatures:
- Beef: 145°
- Chicken: 165°
- Fish: 145°
- Ground Meat - Medium: 160° - Medium Well: 165° - Well Done: 170°
- Ham - Pre-Cooked: 140° - Fresh: 145°
- Lamb: 145°
- Pork: 145°
- Turkey: 165°
- Veal: 145°
Chef Recommended Internal Temperatures:
- Beef - Rare: 125° - Medium Rare: 132° - Medium: 137° - Medium Well: 145° - Well Done: 160°
- Chicken - Thigh: 170° - Breast: 165°
- Fish: 135°
- Ground Meat - Rare: 125° - Medium Rare: 132° - Medium: 137° - Medium Well: 145° - Well Done: 160°
- Ham - Pre-Cooked: 140° - Fresh: 160°
- Lamb: Rare: 130° - Medium Rare: 135° - Medium: 145° - Medium Well: 155° - Well Done: 165°
- Pork: Medium Rare: 145° - Medium: 155° - Medium Well: 160° - Well Done: 165°
- Turkey - Thigh: 170° - Breast: 165°
- Veal: Medium Rare: 145° - Medium: 150° - Medium Well: 160° - Well Done: 165°
Please note that these recommendations are based on grain-fed beef. They may differ for grass-fed beef.