Cook meats to perfection with the OXO Good Grips Leave-In Meat Thermometer. Turn the silicone ring until the indicators point to the desired temperature and specific meat, then insert the stainless steel probe into the meat away from the bone and leave it in during cooking to get an accurate reading of the internal temperature. When the red dial aligns with the indicator, the meat is done. An angled face and large numbers make the Thermometer easy to read from any angle, and a non-slip silicone ring makes it easy to handle. Fahrenheit and Celsius readings for poultry, beef, pork, veal and ham maximize convenience.
- Conical face is easier to read from an angle
- Large, easy-to-read numbers
- Non-slip silicone ring for easier handling
- Flat edge prevents Thermometer from rolling on countertops
- Set silicone indicators to point to the desired temperature and specific meat
- Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales
- Readings for poultry, beef, pork, veal and ham based on USDA recommended internal temperatures*
- Hand wash only
*Find out more about recommended internal temperatures on the "Specifications" tab above
- Dimensions: 6.9'' x 3.1'' x 3.1''
- Weight: 2 oz.
Internal Temperatures on sleeve are based on USDA recommendations. Many chefs and cookbooks recommend cooking meat to lower temperatures for optimal taste. These differences are illustrated in the below recommendations.
USDA Recommended Internal Temperatures:
- Beef: 145°
- Chicken: 165°
- Fish: 145°
- Ground Meat - Medium: 160° - Medium Well: 165° - Well Done: 170°
- Ham - Pre-Cooked: 140° - Fresh: 145°
- Lamb: 145°
- Pork: 145°
- Turkey: 165°
- Veal: 145°
Chef Recommended Internal Temperatures:
- Beef - Rare: 125° - Medium Rare: 132° - Medium: 137° - Medium Well: 145° - Well Done: 160°
- Chicken - Thigh: 170° - Breast: 165°
- Fish: 135°
- Ground Meat - Rare: 125° - Medium Rare: 132° - Medium: 137° - Medium Well: 145° - Well Done: 160°
- Ham - Pre-Cooked: 140° - Fresh: 160°
- Lamb: Rare: 130° - Medium Rare: 135° - Medium: 145° - Medium Well: 155° - Well Done: 165°
- Pork: Medium Rare: 145° - Medium: 155° - Medium Well: 160° - Well Done: 165°
- Turkey - Thigh: 170° - Breast: 165°
- Veal: Medium Rare: 145° - Medium: 150° - Medium Well: 160° - Well Done: 165°
Please note that these recommendations are based on grain-fed beef. They may differ for grass-fed beef.