Cook meats to perfection with the OXO Good Grips Instant Read Thermometer. Insert the stainless steel probe into the meat away from the bone to get an accurate reading of the internal temperature. An angled face and large numbers make the Thermometer easy to read from any angle, and a non-slip silicone ring makes it easy to handle. Recommended internal temperatures for meat are provided on the storage sleeve, which also has a window that highlights selected temperatures for easy readability. While this Thermometer is not intended to be left in the oven during cooking, it will withstand oven temperatures if accidentally left inside.
- Conical face is easy to read from any angle
- Large, easy-to-read numbers
- Non-slip silicone ring for easier handling
- Flat edge prevents Thermometer from rolling on countertops
- Storage sleeve includes readings for recommended internal USDA temperatures*
- Sleeve window highlights recommended temperatures for easy readability
- Hand wash only
*Find out more about recommended internal temperatures on the "Specifications" tab above
- Dimensions: 6.25'' x 2.2'' x .5''
- Weight: 1 oz.
Internal Temperatures on sleeve are based on USDA recommendations. Many chefs and cookbooks recommend cooking meat to lower temperatures for optimal taste. These differences are illustrated in the below recommendations.
USDA Recommended Internal Temperatures:
- Beef: 145°
- Chicken: 165°
- Fish: 145°
- Ground Meat - Medium: 160° - Medium Well: 165° - Well Done: 170°
- Ham - Pre-Cooked: 140° - Fresh: 145°
- Lamb: 145°
- Pork: 145°
- Turkey: 165°
- Veal: 145°
Chef Recommended Internal Temperatures:
- Beef - Rare: 125° - Medium Rare: 132° - Medium: 137° - Medium Well: 145° - Well Done: 160°
- Chicken - Thigh: 170° - Breast: 165°
- Fish: 135°
- Ground Meat - Rare: 125° - Medium Rare: 132° - Medium: 137° - Medium Well: 145° - Well Done: 160°
- Ham - Pre-Cooked: 140° - Fresh: 160°
- Lamb: Rare: 130° - Medium Rare: 135° - Medium: 145° - Medium Well: 155° - Well Done: 165°
- Pork: Medium Rare: 145° - Medium: 155° - Medium Well: 160° - Well Done: 165°
- Turkey - Thigh: 170° - Breast: 165°
- Veal: Medium Rare: 145° - Medium: 150° - Medium Well: 160° - Well Done: 165°
Please note that these recommendations are based on grain-fed beef. They may differ for grass-fed beef.