Half the fun of slime time is the actual making of the slime, so be sure to get the kids involved with that. They'll have tons of fun squishing their hands in to mix it all together. Then, divide up the slime and let them pick out their favorite colors to make each section a different hue. Already thinking about the mess this is going to make? Discover our top tips to make crafting with kids less stressful.
After consulting a few OXOnian parents who've made slime with their kids, we settled on making a fluffy version, with things you probably already have, in an assortment of fun colors. In the process we found that a few of our tools make slime time even easier. (Hint: the Smart Seal Containers will keep your slime squishy and fun for extra long.)
How to Make Slime
What you need:
- Mixing Bowl(Opens in a new window)
- Measuring Cups(Opens in a new window)
- Measuring Spoons(Opens in a new window)
- Smart Seal Containers(Opens in a new window) (for storing, reusing and making the fun last for even longer)
- 3 cups shaving cream (the key ingredient for making the fluffy kind of slime)
- ½ cup School Glue
- 2 TSP baking soda
- Saline solution
- Food coloring (a couple of drops)
Mix all ingredients together. Use saline solution as needed to make the slime less sticky.
Optional: create mesmerizing videos of your slime to share online.