2017: Product Testing by the Numbers
2017 was another busy year for us at OXO. We’re ending this one with 65 new products — and that means extensive testing to ensure our products make every day better. So, we poached a lot of eggs, baked many pies and roasted all kinds of meats so that we can guarantee we’re giving the best help when you’re cooking brunch for a crowd, preparing pies for the holidays or grilling for a July 4th barbeque.
2017 By the Numbers
Each and every product goes through multiple kinds of tests, but here’s a look at some of our testing highlights for the year.
–7,500 rounds of cycle testing on the Squeeze Bottles to ensure the top cap snaps closed
– 100 pounds of potatoes sliced in a single sitting on the Chef’s Mandoline Slicer
– 80+ pounds of turkey roasted on the Silicone Roasting Rack
– 50 dozen eggs in 20 different sizes poached in the Silicone Egg Poacher
– 40 bunches of herbs stored in Herb Keepers to track wilting, color change, fragrance and deterioration
– 35 boxes of cake mix + 11 batches of homemade cake to test the Silicone Baking Cups (no complaints from the office that month!)
– 20 boneless skinless chicken breasts injected using the Flavor Injector
– 19 pies baked to test the Dough Rolling Bag and Pastry Mat.
– 6 types of beans, 5 types of rice, 3 types of lentils, and 3 types of flours to calibrate measurements on the Multi-Unit Measuring Cup
Not to mention…
– Ended 1 national epidemic…Avocado Hand
2018, we’re ready to make everyday better, every day. #OXOBetter