Making a pot of coffee is a ritual that many people look forward to daily—and OXO Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker with Podless Single-Serve Function is the appliance you need to make your java routine easy and delicious. Whether you’re serving yourself or your whole family, this coffee maker has you covered with a fully programmable interface that can make rich coffee in a single cup or a full 60-ounce carafe, no pods required.
There’s plenty to love about this compact machine that can fit underneath most standard height cabinets. To start, the BetterBrew Precision technology preheats water to an optimal brewing temperature, and the Rainmaker Showerhead evenly distributes water over the coffee grounds. The double-walled carafe that comes with the machine will also keep your coffee hot without the need for a heating plate.
Another perk: You can set the brew time up to 24 hours in advance to make your morning routine easier. In fact, the 12-Cup Brew Coffee Maker With Podless Single-Serve Function’s technology helps it meet the Specialty Coffee Association’s high standards for optimal brewing time.
Tips for Making Better Coffee
In order to ensure that you get the freshest cup of coffee possible, it’s best to grind your coffee beans just before brewing. This stainless steel Conical Burr Coffee Grinder features 15 grind size settings (plus additional microsettings) from espresso to French press. The timer ensures you get the grind you prefer quickly to help you start your day. (Learn more on how to use this grinder.)
OXO recommends using eight grams of medium ground coffee per cup or five fluid ounces. So for 10 ounces of water (two cups), you’ll want 16 grams or two scoops of ground coffee. One level OXO scoop is equal to eight grams of ground coffee.
OXO Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker With Podless Single-Serve Function Brewing Instructions
To make the perfect pot, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Measure first. Check how much coffee and water you’ll need.
- Place a coffee filter inside the brew basket. Use the #2 cone paper filters for the small brew basket. Purchase the commercial basket large filters for the large brew basket.
- Match brew basket to mug size. Use the small basket if you’re brewing into a mug. Face the small panhandle part of the basket toward the back of the machine.
- Use the large brew basket if you’re brewing more than 4 cups (20 ounces). Insert it into the machine at an angle. The basket should snap under the lip of the machine. Make sure the basket is secure before brewing and use OXO Brew Commercial Basket Style Large Coffee Filters.
- Add filtered water into the tank. The machine will use all of the water in the tank, which is why measuring the proper amount is essential.
- Add coffee. Place the ground coffee in the filter.
- Prepare your mug. Place the drip tray and mug or carafe on the bottom of the machine.
- Select cup number. Close both lids of the coffee maker and turn the knob to select the number of cups you want. If you skip this step, the coffee maker will default to your last brewing option.
- Start the brew. Press the Brew button to begin the brew. The machine will cycle through preheat, brewing and ready. It will beep to indicate your coffee is ready to be enjoyed.
The steps are simple to follow, but rest assured: If something should happen to your machine, any OXO products purchased new in the United States or Canada are covered under a two-year warranty.
Best Practices for the OXO 12-Cup Coffee Maker With Podless Single-Serve Function
Follow the advice here to get the most out of your OXO Brew 12-Cup Coffee Maker With Podless Single-Serve Function. For an even more comprehensive guide, check out the OXO 12-Cup Coffee Maker With Podless Single-Serve Function manual.
- Clean thoroughly. The outside of the machine should be cleaned with a damp towel. The carafe and carafe lid can be hand washed. The large brew basket, small brew basket, Rainmaker Showerhead, drip tray and mixing tube are all top rack dishwasher safe.
- Check placement. If the carafe icon is blinking and the coffee maker beeps, ensure the carafe is in its proper place.
- Use sleep mode. You can cancel the brew at any time if you press the brew button. The machine will then go into sleep mode.
- Ready, set, brew. While the coffee is brewing, be sure to not touch the brew basket or the internal parts of the machine.
How to Clean and Care for Your 12-Cup Coffee Maker With Podless Single-Serve Function
In the same way your car needs an oil change and other basic maintenance to perform optimally, so do your household appliances. Keep your OXO coffee maker in tip-top shape with this advice:
- Hand wash the carafe and lid with mild detergent after use. Please note that the carafe and lid are not dishwasher safe.
- Allow the machine to entirely cool off before cleaning or opening the brew basket lid. Don’t use a high-wattage appliance on the same circuit as this coffee maker.
- As noted above, clean the exterior of the machine regularly with a damp cloth and then wipe dry. The Rainmaker, drip tray, brew basket and mixing tube are all top rack dishwasher safe.
- If any coffee oil stains in the carafe remain, leave a solution of dishwasher detergent and water in the carafe to sit overnight. Rinse thoroughly and dry before using.
- Post-brewing, open the water tank and brew basket lids to allow them to dry completely.
- Descale the machine regularly. (See the OXO 12-cup Coffee Maker With Podless Single-Serve Function manual on how to do this.) The display screen will show an exclamation point next to the word clean when it’s time to descale, which should happen every 90 cycles. Descaling prevents a buildup of mineral deposits. How often you descale will also depend on water hardness, but even if you brew with filtered water as recommended, descaling regularly will still be necessary.