How to Make Cold Brew Coffee with the OXO Compact Cold Brew Coffee Maker
Looking to make cold brew coffee at home? We have instructions for how to make a perfect cup every time with the OXO Compact Cold Brew Coffee Maker.
At OXO, we take our coffee seriously – from finding the right grind size to getting the water temperature exactly right, we believe crafting coffee is ritual worth savoring. Whether you prefer a well-rounded, easy-drinking mug of drip coffee or the rich, thick body of French press coffee, we have what you need for the perfect cup.
Our new Compact Cold Brew Coffee Maker is for the coffee drinker looking for a smooth cup of concentrate that doesn’t come at the expense of precious countertop (or fridge) space.
How to use your Compact Cold Brew Coffee Maker:
- Align two vertical markings of Brewing Container to prevent leaking, and add 6 oz/175 g of coarsely ground coffee up to coffee bean icon on Brewing Container. If you’re using an OXO Conical Burr Coffee Grinder, this will be 11-15 on the grind setting. We recommend weighing your coffee grinds, but for reference, 10 oz is roughly 3.5 cups.
- Place the rainmaker on the brewing container
- Fill glass carafe with water up to the dot under the OXO logo
- Pour water through the rainmaker in a circular motion
- Repeat steps 3 & 4
- Remove rainmaker and lightly press down coffee with the back of a spoon to ensure there are no dry spots
- Replace rainmaker, top with lid and place on counter for 12-24 hours or in fridge for 20-24 hours
- Once brewing is finished, place brewing container on top of open glass carafe. Draining will automatically begin
- To serve, dilute concentrate with hot or cold water or milk to your liking. We recommend 2 oz coffee concentrate to 4- 6 oz water or milk
- Store remaining concentrate in glass carafe with cork lid for up to 14 days in the fridge.