Steeping the grounds in cold water releases only the most aromatic flavors, and the concentrate created from the cold-brew process stays fresh longer than regular coffee. The OXO Cold Brew Coffee Maker brews delicious concentrate for cold or hot coffee. Here’s how to use the Cold Brew Coffee Maker.
How to Get Started:
1. Flip Brewing Container upside down and set Mesh Filter so that it sits flat in base.
2. Screw on filter cap until secure, then place brewing container on the stand. Set the brew-release switch to the off (up) position.
3. Add 10 oz/284 grams coarsely ground coffee to brewing container and place rainmaker on top. If using an OXO Conical Burr Grinder, this will be 11-15 on the grind setting. We recommend weighing your coffee, but for reference, 10 oz is roughly 3.5 cups.
4. Pour 40 oz/1200 ml (5 cups) of water over rainmaker in a circular motion, to ensure even distribution. If coffee is freshly ground, allow coffee to finish “blooming.”
5. Remove rainmaker and gently stir grounds. Let brew at room temperature for 12-24 hours.
6. Once brewing is finished, slide glass carafe underneath stand. Press brew-release switch down to drain. Draining will take approximately 20 minutes, but could vary based on ground size.
7. To enjoy concentrate before draining is complete, pull out glass carafe or flip up brew-release switch to stop the drip.
8. Use stopper to seal glass carafe, and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
For One Serving:
Pour 2 oz/60 ml (¼ cup) concentrate into a cup
- Iced Coffee: Add 4-6 oz/120-180 ml (½ – ¾ cup) cold water or milk, plus ice
- Hot Coffee: Add 4-6 oz/120-180 ml (½ – ¾ cup) hot water or milk
Learn more about the OXO Cold Brew Coffee Maker, including tips for variations, in the full instruction manual here.