1. First, you’ll need to get your dough in order. Spritz cookies work wonderfully in the cookie press because of their smooth texture. See our favorite recipes below, including a classic cream cheese spritz, chocolate shortbread, butter and gingerbread.
2. We also like to put our metal cookie sheets in the freezer before pressing. This helps to keep the dough chilled and keep its shape as you’re moving along.
3. Once your dough is ready, it’s time to load the press. Remove the bottom ring of the Cookie Press from the barrel.
4. Insert desired cookie disk into the bottom ring and reattach to the barrel.
5. Press and hold button on front of Cookie Press and pull plunger up completely.
6. Twist to remove top of Cookie Press from barrel.
7. Using a jar spatula, load cookie dough into the barrel and twist to reattach top of Cookie Press.8.
8. Prime the Cookie Press by pumping the level until dough is being pressed out of the disk evenly. Wipe off excess dough and start pressing onto the cold cookie sheet.
9. Moving in a line across the cookie sheet, press out the cookies about an inch apart. The cookies don’t expand much while baking so don’t be afraid to load up the sheets. We bake 30 on a tray.
10. Once they’ve baked, let them cool for a minute or two on the sheet and then use a spatula to move them to a cooling rack. They should firm up quickly and will be ready to be enjoyed (or packaged up for gifts!).