Cream Cheese Spritz CookiesYields about 8 dozen cookies, Developed by OXO Test Kitchen:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ounces brick cream cheese, softened
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 egg yolk
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together cubed butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and egg yolk, beating until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and cinnamon. Gradually add the flour mixture, beating until well incorporated.
- Place dough in cookie press with desired disk. Press dough out onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown on the edges. Rotate baking sheet halfway through baking time.