Brine for Grilled SalmonChef’s note: This makes more than enough brine for the grilled salmon. Store the remainder in the refrigerator to use for brining other fish or white meats.
4 liters water
¼ cup salt
10 black peppercorns
3 sprigs parsley
- Bring one liter of water to a boil with salt. Stir until salt is dissolved.
- Pour water into a container. Add remaining three liters of water plus lemon, peppercorn and parsley.
- Place brine in the refrigerator until chilled.
- In a separate large container, place in salmon and add enough brine to fully submerge the fillet.
- Chill in the refrigerator for one hour for every inch of fillet thickness.