Roasting thick eggplant planks drizzled with plenty of oil gives them a silky texture and lends structure to this comforting, cheesy bake. We use them instead of noodles, so this dish is also gluten free. Assemble it the day before and bake it when you are ready to eat it.
Good tip: A Large Y-Peeler makes easy work of peeling wide slices of skin from these large eggplants.
- Peel large veg, obviously. This tool is designed to handle jumbo vegetables like winter squash, papayas and eggplants.
- Shaved root salad is affordable and wonderfully crunchy and pretty. This peeler makes paper-thin slices with ease. Just watch your fingers like you would when using a mandoline.
- This is the right tool when you want to shave a little bit of cabbage to make just enough slaw for a sandwich or a taco.
- This tool can cut slices of onion paper thin so they do not overpower a salad or a burger.
- Make three or four pretty cucumber cross sections and slide them into a glass of ice water for a cucumber refresher.
- Slice zucchini into long ribbons and drizzle the raw slices with good olive oil, a little bit of vinegar and some salt for a very easy summer side.
- Slice a few lemon slices and roast fish or shrimp on a bed of them.
Other Handy Y-Peeler Uses
The Large Y-Peeler is great for skinning eggplant, but this super sharp, extra wide peeler also has many other uses:
Want more delicious and comforting dinners? Try this Pressure Cooker Ziti “Lasagna” with Bolognese Sauce recipe and our easy make-ahead meals to get dinner on the table fast.