Pie CrustYou don’t have to make the crust from scratch; a store-bought graham cracker crust works fine. But if you have the time, I’d recommend doing it (plus it’s really satisfying to smash the cookies).:
1 ½ cups crushed graham crackers/other cookies (did someone say Oreos? In my experience, this is about two rows of Oreos, give or take the ones you pop in your mouth before crushing)
6 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Crush the crackers/cookies to a coarse consistency. You can use a manual food processor for the satisfaction of doing it by hand.
- Melt the butter then add to crushed cookies.
- Mix butter and crumbs until all crumbs are fully saturated.
- Spread mixture inside a 9” pie plate with a silicone spatula—make sure you cover the entire surface, including bottom and sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until crust is browned, then let cool.