Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Rolls
1 can regular refrigerated pizza crust, or if you’re short on time a can of premade unbaked cinnamon rolls, with frosting
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
¼ cup unsalted butter
Optional fillings: chocolate chips, raisins, crushed nuts, butterscotch chips
Optional toppings: pink icing, heart-shaped candies, pink sprinkles, apple pie spice
- Preheat the oven according to package directions.
- Open can and roll out dough on a silicone baking mat.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Melt butter and spread over dough. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over butter. Sprinkle optional fillings if using. Press down gently to ensure they stick.
- Starting on the longside, carefully roll the dough halfway, and repeat from the other side so the two rolls are touching in the middle.
- Cut dough crosswise into about 16 equal slices. You may need to pinch the end and shape slightly to get the “heart” shape.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Cool for about 5 minutes, then spread icing over the rolls using a silicone spatula and sprinkle on optional toppings. Serve warm.