Fast Roasted VegetablesRecipe by Heather Ramsdell: Serves 4
8 ounces (about 3 cups) broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces (about ½ bunch)
8 ounces green beans (about 3 cups), trimmed
2 bell peppers (preferably red and orange), stemmed, seeded, and cut into bite-size pieces (about 8 ounces, 3 cups)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tablespoon za’atar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pat all vegetables dry. Put the broccoli on one third of large (11 x 17-inch) baking sheet leaving space, the green beans on another third of baking sheet, and the bell peppers on last third of baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil evenly over vegetables and sprinkle them evenly with salt and pepper. For extra interest, sprinkle the broccoli with lemon juice and zest. Sprinkle green beans with garlic. Sprinkle bell peppers with za’atar.
- Toss each vegetable, keeping them separate, until evenly coated, and then spread them out in a single layer.
- Roast, stirring vegetables once about halfway through cooking, until they are tender and browned and a little crispy, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot or room temperature.