Now that you’ve got your kebabs marinating in the fridge, it’s time to think through some of the other dishes to serve so you have a full spread to offer your party guests.
Here are some recipes that Lynna, a Product Manager who moonlights as our recipe developer, created for a delicious 4th.
Chipotle Carrot Burgers
makes 6 burgers
(These taste great topped with slices of avocado!)
2 15 oz cans chickpeas
2- 3 large carrots
1 ¼ cups quick oats
2 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon smoky chipotle seasoning (we used Mesa Rosa Chipotle — alternatively you could use a mix of smoked paprika (1 tsp), garlic powder (½ tsp), salt (½ tsp) and pepper (½ tsp) and a pinch of cayenne if you want it spicy)
1/3 cup feta
1/2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic or garlic powder
1/4 cup fresh herbs, chopped (we used mint and oregano)
½ cup roasted salted pepitas (optional)
1. Drain chickpeas, pour into a large bowl and then mash
2. Grate 4 cups of carrots.
3. Add the grated carrots, quick oats, tahini, chipotle seasoning, eggs, feta, garlic, and fresh herbs to the bowl with the chickpeas and mix well.
4. Add the roasted pepitas and stir until combined.
5. Lightly oil or spray the Lifter and Cover of the Burger Press. Scoop about ⅔ cup of the veggie burger mix into the Press and use the Cover to compact.
6. Bake at 375° for 15-20 mins on each side or cook on the stove 8 mins per side in a lightly oiled non-stick skillet.
Spiralized Potatoes with Scallions
4 russet potatoes
1 bunch scallions
2 tablespoons olive oil
Fresh ground pepper
Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Spiralize potatoes using the spaghetti blade.
2. Cut scallions on the diagonal in 2-3 inch sections. In a large bowl, toss spiralized potatoes and cut scallions with olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Transfer to two tin foil packets and grill for 30-40 minutes.
Mixed Lettuces Salad with Sweet Corn and Peaches
1 head butter lettuce
1 head red leaf lettuce
1 pack mixed greens or arugula
3 ears of corn, raw or grilled
2 peaches, sliced
1. Cut corn off the cob using the Corn Peeler
2. In a large salad bowl (or you can even use the Salad Spinner bowl), combine greens, sliced peaches, corn and cilantro if using. Toss to combine.
3. Drizzle with Honey Balsamic Dressing and lightly toss again to coat.