Decorations, costumes and candy aside – the best part about Halloween is undoubtedly the food. If you love semi-homemade treats, then Boo Cups might just be the perfect thing for your next Halloween party. If you’re not in the know, Boo Cups are layers of chocolate pudding topped with cookie crumbles and served in a chocolate cup. Here’s how to make them:
What you’ll need:
- Melting Chocolate
- Chocolate Mousse (homemade or instant Chocolate Pudding works, too)
- Cookies – tall sandwich cookies work best as tombstones
- Additional Halloween candies
1. Place melting chocolate in a microwave-safe container. We used our Squeeze & Pour Measuring Cup.
2. Microwave for 30 seconds, Stir and microwave for :15 second intervals until completely melted. Keep stirring the chocolate so it doesn’t stiffen. (Note: It’s easier to work with small batches of chocolate. Melt a manageable amount to prevent reheating multiple times.)
4. Cool cups in refrigerator or freezer.
5. Once chocolate sets, carefully separate chocolate cup from baking cup.
6. Spoon chocolate mousse into the chocolate cup.
7. Decorate cookies to look like tombstones.
8. Top mousse with crushed cookies and add a cookie. Add any additional Halloween candies.
Looking for other foods to serve at your next Halloween party? Salted Candy Blondie Bars from DŌ’s Kristen Tomlan might be what you’re looking for.