Marc Forgione’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Words Marc Forgione
This year, we’re partnering with chef-supporters of Cookies for Kids’ Cancer who are providing us with recipes for baked goods we hope will inspire you to host your own CFKC bake sale. To find out more about CFKC and to get involved, visit www.cookiesforkidscancer.org.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 25 Cookies
5 cups / 600 g All purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons / 9 g Baking soda
½ teaspoons / 3 g Baking powder
2 teaspoons / 8 g Salt
1 cup / 220 g Sugar
1 cup / 220 g Dark brown sugar, packed
1 ½ cups / 340 g Butter, softened
2 ea Whole Eggs
1 teaspoon / 5 g Vanilla extract
1 cup / 400 g Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, soda, powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla slowly, beat until incorporated.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add dry ingredients. When almost all flour is mixed in add the chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1 ½ inch balls (approximately 70 grams). Freeze before baking.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place cookie dough 2 inches apart on lined baking sheets and bake from frozen 350°F, 10 minutes.
Chef Marc Forgione is the chef/owner of Restaurant Marc Forgione, American Cut and Lobster Press and is the co-owner/partner of Khe-Yo. He won season 3 of Food Network’s “The Next Iron Chef” at just 31 years old, making him the youngest winner in the show’s history. Among the many accolades, Restaurant Marc Forgione was recognized with a glowing two-star review in the New York Times and received a Michelin star. Chef Forgione is a Chef Ambassador for Family Reach Foundation, Chefs for Kids Cancer, City Harvest, and Feeding America. In 2014, Chef Forgione became an author as well with the release of “Marc Forgione: Recipes and Stories from the Acclaimed Chef and Restaurant.”