Festive Pancake Stack
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup milk of your choice
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
1/2 cup pre-made white buttercream mixed with pink food coloring
- Have one child mix dry ingredients together in one bowl. In a separate bowl, have another child mix wet ingredients together.
- Combine the two bowls, mixing until smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and add a tablespoon of butter or oil to grease the pan. Pour a quarter of the pancake mixture into the pan. Cook until bubbles stop forming at the top of the pancake, then flip the pancake. Cook until lightly browned. Repeat three times, using the remaining batter.
- Allow finished pancakes to cool for five minutes.
- Put buttercream in a piping bag. Place one pancake on a plate, and let the kids pipe buttercream in a circle along the edge of the pancake.
- Place another pancake on top, and add another ring of icing.
- Add the third pancake, top with a frosting ring, and then place the final pancake on top.
- Pipe a heart onto the middle of the top pancake, and serve the stack with a side of maple syrup.