Pao de Queijo RecipeAdapted from Kitchn: Makes about 2 dozen
2 cups tapioca flour
1 cup milk (we like whole milk)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bring the milk, salt, and oil to a boil in a saucepan while stirring. Once boiling, remove from heat.
- Use a hand mixer to slowly mix in the tapioca flour with the rest of the mixture.
- Add the cheese and eggs and continue mixing until thoroughly mixed. The dough at this point will be sticky and stretchy.
- To portion out the puffs, we like using a cookie scoop, though you could also use an ice cream scoop. Scoop out the dough balls and place them on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Turn down the heat to 350, and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the puffs are golden brown. Best enjoyed warm.