Rosh Hashanah Honey CakeServes: 12
Rosh Hashanah Honey Cake
- Cooking spray or butter – for greasing pan
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat an 8 1/2-inch springform loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk honey, applesauce, and eggs until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and walnuts.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pan. Transfer to a serving plate and decorate with sliced apples, mint sprigs and a drizzle of honey, if desired.